WayBack Wednesday, Hands-on Heritage Learning
A series of workshops for grades 3-8
Using your senses to experience pioneer life!
Register for one, or save on the whole series (discount before Oct 7)
October 7, 4pm-5:30pm – SCENTsational Soaps
- Learn basic soap making techniques, discover botanicals and aromatics and their properties, and explore simple packaging/label making to present your soap as a gift if desired.
- COMPLETE LESSON PLAN: SCENTsational Soaps
October 14, 4pm-5:30pm – InSIGHTful Illustrations
- Explore the gardens at Chestnut Square and learn the language of flowers, paint or draw and utilize other art techniques to create a homemade card.
- COMPLETE LESSON PLAN: InSIGHTful Illustrations
October 21, 4pm-5:30pm – TASTing Texas
- Discover food preservation basics – make jelly or preserves using seasonal ingredients, and stamp or print your label the way it was done 150 years ago.
- COMPLETE LESSON PLAN: TASTing Texas
October 28, 4pm-5:30pm – Exploring the SIXTH SENSE
November 4, 4pm-5:30pm – TOUCHing Textiles
- Learn weaving, sewing, and fabric dyeing to create something new from something old!
- COMPLETE LESSON PLAN: TOUCHing Textiles
November 11, 4pm-5:30pm – SOUNDS of McKinney Culture
- Work with our blacksmith to use repurposed metal pieces to create music – and learn about the life of African Americans in 19th century McKinney, many of whom worked in the metal industry.
- COMPLETE LEASSON PLAN: SOUNDs of McKinney
WayBack Wednesday, Hands-on Heritage Learning Registration :
Tues, Thurs & Friday 9am - 3pm
Village Tours: Thursday and Saturday at 11am
315 S. Chestnut Street McKinney, TX 75069